Translation – Interpreting – Proofreading
I am a translator, interpreter and proofreader specialized in legal and business contexts. I work from German into English and from English into German. I focus only on these fields and language combinations, so I can offer you dependable, top-quality language services.
- General terms and conditions
- Corporate reports
- Documents for bids and tenders
- Texts for use in court
- Official documents and certificates
- Consecutive interpreting
- Whispered interpreting
- Interviews and depositions
during court proceedings
- Arbitration proceedings
- Notary appointments
- German and English
- Linguistic fine-tuning
- Spelling, grammar, style
- Master’s theses and dissertations
- Articles for professional journals
As a court interpreter, I am authorized to make certified translations valid for use in court or with public authorities. You may need certified translations into German if you want to get married in Austria or if you are involved in proceedings before Austrian courts. Certified translations into English often include documents for arbitration proceedings or official documents and certificates for use abroad.
Translation & Interpreting
ENGLISH <> GERMAN
Legal and Business
Lawyers & notaries
Do you need top-level quality despite significant time pressure? Do you want linguistically perfect and well-researched translations? Are you looking for an interpreter to optimize communication with your clients and to guarantee smooth handling of notarial and court proceedings? – Contact me.
Do you want translations that are legally correct and linguistically flawless? Would you like to save time and costs by working with a reliable professional? – I am your go-to contact.
Do you need a certified translation of your birth certificate for the registry office? Would you like to have your university education recognized in Austria? – Send me a scan or photo of your documents. I will gladly send you an offer, free of charge and with no strings attached.
Translation costs are calculated per standard line. A standard line has 55 characters including spaces and costs are based on the number of standard lines in the target text, i.e. the completed translation. I offer reduced rates for official documents, certificates and similar texts.
Prices for interpreting depend on the location and duration of the assignment, the field of expertise and the type of interpretation needed (whispered interpretation or consecutive interpretation).
Fees for proofreading and revision are based on the amount of time invested, which varies depending on the type and length of the text.
Contact me. I will gladly send you a non-binding offer.
All information you send me will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
How you benefit
What I offer:
- Years of experience in translating legal texts
- University education in translation
- Approved quality as a court-certified translator
- Dual control requirement – each and every translation is revised by another translator
- Thorough research of textual and linguistic details
- Meticulous preparation for each individual interpreting assignment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Absolute punctuality and adherence to delivery dates
What you get:
- More time to dedicate to your actual business
- Translations that are tailored to your specific needs
- Textually and linguistically perfect translations
- The security that comes from knowing you will get
your message across
- Top-level quality, with the ISO 17100 standard as a benchmark.
- Absolute discretion: All orders and requests are treated with the utmost confidentiality. This obligation applies to me and my revisers alike.
It always pays to hire professionals.
Mag. Monika Thaller
Training & professional experience
- Since 2016 Self-employed translator and interpreter
- Since 2012 Certified court interpreter
- 2008 – 2015 Translator with lex&tax Übersetzungen GmbH
- 2001 – 2007 Translation studies at the Universities of Vienna and Bologna
- Continued professional development
“Understanding and being understood has always been very important to me.
It’s a pleasure to help other people communicate in a language
they don’t speak (or don’t speak well).”